EGT & Boost Pressure 52MM Gauge
The REDARC 52mm EGT & boost pressure gauge is a must for your diesel turbocharged vehicle.
The G52-EB is used to monitor the exhaust gas temperature (EGT) of turbo-equipped vehicles in conjunction with a pyrometer probe. EGT is an indication of how hot the combustion process is in a vehicles cylinders. Excessive EGT can cause engine or turbocharger damage. Many conditions can result in excessive EGT (i.e. too much fuel or not enough air) and are made worse when a vehicle is pulling a heavy load, climbing or running at continuous high speeds.
The boost pressure function monitors manifold air pressure and is used to ensure excessive pressure is not generated. By monitoring boost, you are able to keep the vehicle's engine components in the proper power range to achieve the most performance from your vehicle.
The gauge is supplied with a “K” type EGT sensor and electronic boost MAP sensor interface. The boost has a peak hold function with a display range from 0- 35 PSI and programmable alert level between 10 and 30 PSI. The EGT function also has a peak hold function with a range from 0 to 1,000 °C and is programmable between 500 and 800°C. The EGT probe has a 1/8” NPT compression fitting and is supplied with a weld in mounting bung.
The G52-EB gauge diameter requires a 52mm hole for mounting. REDARC offer a range of mounting solutions including a 2” black plastic mounting cup (GH-CUP) and one (GH-MP1), two (GH-MP2) and three (GH-MP3) hole gauge mounting panels. Radio inserts are also available for the Toyota Hilux (GH-RI05).
2.5” (GMC-2.5) and 3.25” (GMC-3.25) muffler clamps are also available from REDARC to hold the EGT probe.
The REDARC 24 to 12-volt adaptor (GA-2412V) can be used to connect this gauge to a vehicle with a 24-volt ignition and lighting supply.
- Satin Chrome Bezel
- 13 Selectable Backlight Colours
- EGT and boost peak hold functions
- Multiple programmable alert levels with amber or red backlight and audible beep
- Display illuminates when park lights are turned on so you can view the EGT needle and boost display without turning on the ignition
- If fitting more than one REDARC gauge, a communications link can be connected between the gauges to change the backlight colour of all at once.
Enhanced Lighting Controller*
REDARC recommends the purchase of an Enhanced Lighting Controller (GA-ELC) with this gauge. The GA-ELC is designed to enhance the lighting of your REDARC gauges as only one required for a set. It is to be used when you do not have a dimming circuit to connect your gauge to or the dimming circuit in your vehicle does not dim the REDARC gauge to your liking.
The GA-ELC also allows you to program nighttime brightness and colour of your REDARC gauges, including dimming if connected to a dash dimmer. Once programmed your gauges will change colour when turning on your park lights and back to a daylight colour when you turn them off. The GA-ELC is also 24 volt capable.
- 52mm gauge with wiring harnesses for power/programming and connection to sensor interface
- MAP Sensor interface box
- Diesel EGT pyrometer probe with 1/8” NPT compression fitting and 96” lead wire.
- 1.8m Hose with T-Piece to tap into vehicle’s manifold boost/vac hose
- K-Type thermo coupler
- Weld in mounting bung
- Mounting bracket with fasteners and P-Clip
* = Optional accessory, not included with standard purchase