Our goal is to ensure that our product and service is the benchmark by which the competition is measured.
Based in South Australia, REDARC has 40 years’ experience in the research, design, development and manufacture of a range of DC power supplies, DC to DC chargers, electric brake controllers and more.
REDARC Electronics was founded in August of 1979 by electronics engineer, Robin (Bob) William Mackie in South Australia. Bob started the business by designing and manufacturing vehicle ignition systems. In fact, the name REDARC is believed to have come from the spark developed in the first ignition system having a “red arc”.
In 1997, Anthony and Michele Kittel along with Michele’s Father, Denis Brion, purchased the business following the premature death of Bob Mackie.
Denis Brion then retired in 2002 and Anthony and Michele purchased 100% of the business.
Becoming a world-class manufacturer
Under the current ownership, REDARC has grown from these humble beginnings to become a world-class, advanced electronics manufacturer - servicing both domestic and international markets.
What makes REDARC different?
- 250 years of combined experience in our engineering department
- A purpose-built design and manufacturing facility
- A hand-picked production team
- The capability to conceptualize, design, test and manufacture a range of industry leading products, to suit all vehicles (from recreational to commercial and industrial).
- Manufactured in Australia to the highest standards
- Significant investments into research, development, staff development and training
To view our Corporate Brochure, click here.
Recognition and growth
- REDARC announced as the Telstra Australian Business of the Year.
- REDARC acquired Hummingbird Electronics
- Became member of Specialty Equipment and Market Association (SEMA)
- Launched a new website for the North American market
- REDARC named a 2017 Global Media Award Winner at the SEMA Show
- Became a supplier for the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM)
- Became a member of the Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA)
- REDARC signed etrailer.com as its first North American distributor
- REDARC named a 2018 Global Media Award Winner at the SEMA Show
- REDARC signs new North American distributor Keystone Automotive Operations
- REDARC joins Peak North American RV Industry Body (RVIA)
- Major $22 million expansion of REDARC’s South Australian facility.
- REDARC signs North American distributor Transamerican Auto Parts (TAP)
- REDARC launches RedVision into North America
- REDARC awarded Global Supply Chain Integration of the Year at the Manufacturers' Monthly Endeavour Awards.
- REDARC named the Manufacturers' Monthly Exporter of the Year.