Diagnosing a Battery Management System calculation issue
Why has my Manager30 been calculating for a long time?
This should only happen when first connected (or if the auxiliary battery has been disconnected and re-connected). When this happens, the BMS will put the battery through a full charge cycle. Depending on the battery’s size and SOC (state of charge), this could take quite a few hours (even longer if the BMS only has a small solar panel as its charging source). If it keeps calculating for days, it is possible the BMS has got into a loop & needs a restart (much like a mobile phone that needs to be switched off/on). To do this:
1. Disconnect the 240V input.
2. Unplug the green plug from the BMS main unit (there is a securing screw each end).
3. Unbolt the battery sensor. This is the red plastic block with a brass tab, bolted to aux battery positive terminal.
4. Leave for at least 1 minute.
5. Reconnect in reverse order: Bolt the red battery sensor on, then plug in and secure the green plug, then connect to 240V.
6. The BMS should complete calculating quickly.
For further assistance or technical support please contact REDARC directly.